Osgoode Roof Line

Osgoode Roofline

A detail of the ornate roof line of Osgoode Hall on Queen Street in Toronto. This historic building was constructed from 1829 -32 in the Palladian and Neoclassical styles and has gone through more than 10 major restorations. Named after William Osgoode, the first chief justice in the province, it today houses the Ontario Court of Appeal, the Divisional Court of the Superior Court of Justice and the Law Society of Upper Canada.

© Sheila Creighton 2013